The Technical Training Program offers technical assistance which involves the following tailor-made training and consultancy services:
- Training needs assessments and performance analysis
- Development of training curricula, modules, training materials
- Testing, peer reading of training curricula, modules and hand-outs
- Providing tailor-made training or ToT courses in technical skills and knowledge
- Providing tailor-made training or ToT courses in didactical skills and methodology
- Quality assurance of training including monitoring and evaluation
- Advisory services and management support to institutions or programs involved in TVET
- Project cycle management of TVET projects (identification, formulation, monitoring and evaluation)
- Policy and program design, evaluations and reviews
- Accreditation and certification
- Fund management
The training and consultancy services are needs-based and tailor-made, and facilitated or carried out by TVET experts of ETC. They provide technical assistance in all stages of the project cycle.
The Technical Training Program also makes use of a large network of specialized technical training experts and institutes, based in the South and the North. The program aims to encourage the South-South transfer of knowledge and skills and information sharing.